SiteGround is one of the best web hosts in the online space today and makes faster and safer websites for you. They have one of the best web host support we’ve ever seen and puts Hostgator to shame any day! Read more below and you will see why you should switch to SiteGround today and ditch the ol’ Hostgator.
I have been with Hostgator since 2011.
So believe you me, I was a LONG customer of Hostgator. However, I wasn’t happy anymore because I’ve realized that Hostgator was just a money sucking machine that cares nothing about the user experience of their customers or about using the best equipment for faster, safer websites. They only care about making the big profits.
Everyone Loved Hostgator
Do you know that Hostgator used to be the industry standard and everybody I know at that time was recommending Hostgator? When I joined Hostgator, the support was great, they had helpful staffs that solves your problem quickly and my site was running smoothly too.
Years went on and my website grew in measurement and in traffic. I started noticing my sites became slower and slower to navigate around. It was frustrating and bounce rate was as high as 90%.
- Upgrading to Cloud Baby Shared Hosting,
- Installed different caching plugins to make my website run faster,
- I signed up to Cloudflare when the plugins were not working
- Installed SSL certs on my sites
- I resized and optimized my images,
- I paid for Sitelock, and Wordfence so that my website is secured from malware and malicious IP addresses.
All in the hopes of making my site run faster and have a safe-running site..
But to no avail, my website was still running super slow – no matter what I did.
Though Cloudflare made a little difference to the speed of my site, it nowhere near as fast as I wanted it to be. Plus I was paying for their monthly service which I was not happy about.
I was a Hostgator fan until I realized the biggest problem I was facing was just not going away or improving in time, no matter what I did to improve my website.
So What Happened to My Once Beloved Hostgator?
Ever since 2016, many Hostgator customers have experienced a drop in performance and in support.
Hostgator USED TO BE the industry standard.
My website had the occasional hiccup every now and then and I’ve always depended on Hostgator’s customer support to make it all better.
The waiting time to chat with their customer support is between 5 minutes to 30 mins.
Like a dummy, I stayed on with Hostgator, in the hopes of site improving in time.. and even thought that maybe I wasn’t buying the right plan for my websites.
I was SO wrong.. I stumbled upon Ike Paz’s site and discovered this.
How The Endurance International Group (EIG) Destroyed Hostgator
If you’re like me, I wondered who the heck EIG is.
EIG is just about the biggest player in the current web hosting industry. The business was initially founded as a hosting company in 1996 and its HQ in Burlington, Massachusetts. In 2011, EIG was bought by Accel-KKR and GS Capital Partners for an undisclosed amount. Today, the business is listed on NASDAQ and appreciated at $2.24 billion (trading at $17.06 -17.72 range today).
To date, EIG has more than 80 web hosting brands under its umbrella and 3.8 million paying customers from all around the globe.
In a nutshell, they are actually, really huge.
Why you need to avoid Endurance International Group (EIG).
In short, the key reason is the fact that EIG has an extremely bad reputation for ruining the hosts it acquires. HostGator, Arvixe, A Small Orange, Site5 and so forth – Most of us have heard an enormous mass of awful stories from past clients of the hosts which sharply deteriorated their services after being bought by EIG. EIG “optimizes” cost structure of the hosts it purchases, fires great (expensive) support and migrates clients to an even worse hardware infrastructure.
I found out from Ike that in March 2016, the Endurance Worldwide Group (EIG) has actually purchased Hostgator for a whopping $225 million!
EIG makes it no secret that they’re all about expanding their business and buying web hosting companies. EIG likes to quietly purchase established internet hosting brands and minimize skilled and experienced support staff.
It sounds like EIG wants to focus on BIG profits by making things more cost-effective and focusing less on quality.
This finally makes sense to me now on why I’ve been having such a hard time with Hostgator.
But How Can a Business Focus On Quality
If They Are All About Expanding BIG?
Here’s a record of websites acquired by EIG:
Full List of EIG Hosting Companies (beware and avoid them!). The list will continue to be updated.
Sources: Screenshot from www.webhostingsecretrevealed.web
Enough is Enough
I turned to Google and did my research. I tried to find out what hosting the top marketers in the industry were using..
Repeatedly, this web host keeps popping up front, right, and center.
That’s when I discovered the web host that would finally solve my problem was..
And you know what?
WordPress.org is hosted on SiteGround.
Food for thought. If WordPress trusts SiteGround with their website, then why don’t you?
I investigated SiteGround to see what they provided and I am amazed by all the added services they are offering.
Different hosting platforms to suit every need!
- WEB HOSTING – SSD-based shared hosting solutions
- CLOUD HOSTING – High-performance cloud platform
- ENTERPRISE HOSTING – Premium custom-made solutions
The benefits of switching over to SiteGround:
- Fastest Setup – It takes just 3 clicks to set up a new site and their support can even call to guide you through it.
- Easy Website Creation – Simple drag and drop website builder to create a beautiful website in no time.
- Free Website Migration – The experts will migrate one existing website quickly, seamlessly and free of charge.
- 99.999% Uptime
- WordPress & Joomla – Provide unique tools that make it easy for the most popular applications.
– Autoinstaller For Easy Start
– Autoupdater For Great Security
– SuperCacher For Great Speed
– Staging & Git For Geeky Users (If you are working on updating your website)
SiteGround Support is Second to None
- Easy Contact 24/7 – The support team can be reached 24/7 by phone, chat and ticketing system.
- No Waiting – No on-hold time on the phone and on live chat and an average 10-minute response on tickets!
- Real Help – The support team is a bunch of knowledgeable tech-savvy experts and very professional.
- Simple user-friendly interface (easy to navigate your way around)
I hardly had to wait for minutes for their chat support to come online. It took literally seconds before I was chatting with them. I was seriously impressed. Plus, their support was very knowledgeable and professional and solved my problem very quickly and efficiently.
These are my deciding factors for choosing SiteGround:
- Free Setup & Transfer
- Free Staging Site (you can clone and test changes on the site before switching over)
- 24/7 Technical Support
- Free Auto Daily Backups
- 30 Days Money Back
- Unlimited Email Accounts & DBs
- Free SSL Certs
- Free Cloudflare CDN
- Internal exclusive SG cache system
- Let’s you install 3rd party SSL cert by yourself for free (Hostgator charges a fee for this)
The Free SSL certs, Cloudflare, and Internal exclusive SG cache system alone saved me heaps of money as I had to pay for these extra when I was with Hostgator. And Hostgator charges an arm and a leg for these services. Remember, I left Hostgator because of this and for their poor support. I am just SO happy that SiteGround includes all these in.
The inner SG cache system and the Cloudflare CDN makes sure that your sites are up and running fast! That is tremendously vital for 2 main cause:
- First, Google places a whole lot of weight on website velocity when figuring out search rankings.
- Second and extra importantly, a faster website creates a greater personal experience
The Free Website Transfer was a breeze when they helped switch over my website.
The Free HTTPS gives your website added safety and security to ensure that every single data communicated between a browser and your website is encrypted.
Plus, there were no upsells and no BS service.
I paid for the 3-year hosting plan so that helped me saved on monthly costs and my sites are loading SO much faster now. Instead of taking 15 to 20 secs to load my homepage, it’s now taking me only 3-4 seconds to load. What a difference! Plus, my bounce rate went down to 78%. There is still room to improve, of course but its a whole lot better than 90%.
I am extremely happy and satisfied with SiteGround. And I’m so glad I’ve made the switch.
Hostgator Vs Siteground: No Competition!
SiteGround puts Hostgator to shame any day!
There is no competition here. SiteGround is the place where your website must be. The hosting plan will cost about the same as Hostgator, however, SiteGround’s services will way surpass your expectations! I am sure of it.
So what are you waiting for?