Before you learn how to design a cute wall art for your baby’s nursery, do this first:
- First, open your Illustrator program or if you are just getting started, you can purchase a plan or trial your free 30 Day here.
- Once you’ve installed and run the program, go to File > New > Insert width and height to 210x210mm or any dimensions you prefer. > Click OK
Now, you are ready to create your project!
- First, lets find any design resources you have to place into the art board. In this tutorial, we are using the Hopeless Romantic Toolkit. Click File > Place > (Find an image you want) > Click ‘Place‘
- I brought in the Tree, Swing and Teddy Bears over into the art board. Arrange the images to your liking.
- Here are some helpful shortcuts for you to use. If you’re using a Mac, replace Ctrl with CMD key:
- To group an object = Ctrl G
- To ungroup an object = Ctrl + Shift + G
- To lock an object = Ctrl+2
- To unlock an object = Ctrl + Alt + 2
- Bring object to front = Ctrl + Shift + ]
- Send object to back = Ctrl + Shift + [
- To mask an object = Ctrl + 7
- To unmask an object = Ctrl + Alt + 7
To use the image for your projects, follow these steps:
- Export as image (File > Export > Name your file and under Save as type: JPG or PNG (usually for transparent background) > Save.
- Under Image/JPG options > Color Model: RGB > Quality 10 > Resolution 300 DPI > Click ‘OK’.
- Your image is now saved!
To upload it on the web, follow these steps:
- Export as image (File > Export > Name your file and under Save as type: JPG or whatever suits you > Save.
- Under Image/JPG options > Color Model: RGB > Quality 7 and above > Resolution 72 DPI > Click ‘OK’.
- Your image is now saved! Or take a screenshot and upload it online!
There you have it!
An easy cute wall art designed in Illustrator :).
If you want to watch part 2 on how to create another cute wall art for your baby’s nursery, click here.
Remember to subscribe to my channel to follow my future tutorials!
I hope you’ve learned something and you like this tutorial. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions so I can improve on my future tutorials.
SUBSCRIBE TO JANICE DESIGNS YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR FUTURE TUTORIALS
If you like this free printable, you’ll love the Inspired Printables Club! If you want more printables like this, join the club!
Printables, design elements, graphics and any digital products provided on this site are for personal use only. You may NOT modify them or redistribute them for free or monetary gain without the written agreement from the author, Janice Banks. You may share these with your classes or co-workers (educators/teachers/tutors) as long as they are not modified in any way. Please share the link to the blog post if you want to share these digital resources with others.
Leave a Reply