If you knew me at all, Pinterest was my number one source of traffic for several years. I said “was” because I have since neglected Pinterest for a few years as I was busy working “in” my business building products, courses and setting up my Shopify stores.
If you want to know why I moved over to Shopify in the first place, you may find this post helpful.
And although I was still pinning on Pinterest (like setting up once to pin for 8 months at a time) and I was pinning “like how I used to pin”, but it wasn’t working for me anymore. The more I pin, the less of a difference it was making for my Pinterest account. To my dismay, my Pinterest impressions just kept dropping. I didn’t know what I was doing wrong, so I decided to stop altogether and give up for awhile.
I have recently started pinning on Pinterest again this year, last month in March. As I had mentioned before, I had success with Pinterest in the past and was receiving tons of traffic to my website for a number of years. That time my Pinterest account was receiving over 400-500k of impressions and about 500-1000 visitors per day.
Unfortunately, I did not keep up with the latest best practices and algorithm of Pinterest, plus I’ve stopped pinning. As a result, my traffic plummeted to about 12.5k impressions. It was pretty sad and depressing.
How I 3x My Impressions on Pinterest
Invest in a Pinterest Course
Having said that, I was still confident that I could gain success on Pinterest again because I have experienced success in the past. So I decided to make time and dive into Anastasia’s Pinterest course which I’ve bought a couple of years ago.
I was pleased to find out that she has continued to update the course with Pinterest’s current best practices. Of all the Pinterest courses I’ve taken in the past, Anastasia seems to be the only one who is constantly updating her Pinterest course.
Trust the Pinterest Expert
Anastasia is a Pinterest expert. I have been following her for years and I trust her because she seems to focus and specialize only on Pinterest for YEARS! So when you invest in her course, you know you’re getting lifetime updates which is worth your time and money. As you know, Pinterest is always changing its algorithm and its practices, so I’m just SO grateful that she continues to update the course seeing that I bought her course 2 years ago.
It was the best decision I’ve made to go through Anastasia’s course because after implementing what I’ve learned from her, I’ve started seeing clear results day by day. I’m just excited and feel encouraged to keep going. Here’s what happened.
Before the Course
This was how my stats were for January and February before going through Anastasia’s course. The stats seemed to be the same each week with not much of a difference. Even my outbound clicks to my sites in Jan and Feb were also sporadic and inconsistent.
After the Course
This is after one month of implementing Anastasia’s strategies from her course in March. See there’s a steady climb of impressions from the end of Feb to March and a spike in between? Even the outbound clicks to my sites has seen a significant increase in March.
Currently, my Pinterest account is receiving over 45k impressions from 12.5k in February. So my impressions have increased by 260% more, which is 3.6X from February. And that’s only from one month of implementing what I’ve learned from the course.
To date, on 13th April, I am currently receiving 82k impressions on Pinterest. This means my impressions have increased by almost 7x since I started implemented what I learn in March. My outbound clicks have also increased by 287% since February and that’s like an extra 434 more outbound clicks which is incredible as I never expected to see results like this so soon.
I am excited and I can’t wait to see the progress of my Pinterest account in the next two months. I will continue to keep you updated once I get the latest stats in May. So keep visiting my blog to find out more.
How to Use Pinterest Effectively to Increase Your Impressions
Pinterest is not a social media. It is a search engine and it is a great platform to drive organic traffic to your website, blog or store. Here are some tips on how to use Pinterest effectively:
- Create a business account: If you want to use Pinterest for marketing purposes, it’s important to create a business account. This will give you access to Pinterest analytics and other marketing tools.
- Optimize your profile: Make sure your profile is optimized for search by including relevant keywords in your profile description, board titles, and pin descriptions.
- Create boards: Organize your pins into boards that are relevant to your niche or industry. Use keywords in your board titles and descriptions to help them show up in Pinterest search results.
- Pin regularly: Pin consistently and frequently to keep your account active and engaging. Aim to pin at least once a day, but don’t overdo it or your followers may get overwhelmed.
- Pin other people’s pins: Fill up your new boards with at least 30 pins by repinning other people’s pins to your boards. Make sure they are relevant to the boards you create. However, don’t overdo it. You might want to spread out your pinning activity to 10 pins a day.
- Create eye-catching graphics: Pinterest is a visual platform, so it’s important to create eye-catching graphics for your pins. Use high-quality images and add text overlays to make your pins stand out.
- Use keywords in pin descriptions: Use relevant keywords in your pin descriptions to help them show up in Pinterest search results.
- Join group boards: Joining group boards in your niche can help you reach a wider audience and get more repins. Look for group boards with a large number of followers and active members.
- Engage with your followers: Respond to comments on your pins and engage with your followers by following them back and repinning their content.
By following these tips, you can use Pinterest to drive organic traffic to your store, blog, website, Youtube channel or podcasts and increase your online visibility.
Want the Same Results?
If you want to dive in deep and get similar results and improve your organic traffic to your store and website, learn more about Anastasia’s Pinterest SEO Traffic Secrets here.
Limited Time Offer
Fortunately for you, Anastasia is currently running a Spring sale and is offering $200 off her course (when you pay in FULL) for a limited time. The catch is, she only has 15 spots and as soon as her spots are filled up, the $200 coupon code will stop working. So if you want to dive deep and learn the strategies I’ve learned, plus her offer also includes the 1:1 Pinterest audit. She audits your Pinterest account and you get personalized ONE-ON-ONE help from Anastasia.
During this 1:1 audit, Anastasia will not only check your Pinterest account – which is of course the essence of this audit, but she will also look into your website to see how well it is optimized for the best results on Pinterest. She will look into your business as a whole to see what are the best ways you can use Pinterest in your specific niche. And so much more.
If this interests you, click here to get Pinterest SEO Traffic Secrets with $200 OFF. Remember to use the code at checkout: SPRING200OFF
If you’ve found this post helpful, pin this image on Pinterest on your Pinterest Marketing/Business Tips Boards
Printables, design elements, graphics and any digital products provided on this site are for personal use only. You may NOT modify them or redistribute them for free or monetary gain without the written agreement from the author, Janice Banks. You may share these with your classes or co-workers (educators/teachers/tutors) as long as they are not modified in any way. Please share the link to the blog post if you want to share these digital resources with others.